Monday, February 9, 2009

The Power of Story

Audio Podcast of Blog

With the change in name and journeying back into the cyberworld, namely Facebook, I am overcome with the need to explain myself. Because now, there are too many witnesses, too many relationships along the timeline are gathering in one place and I find it intense.

Everyone else seems to be ok with it. I don’t see people screaming anywhere. Maybe its because I jumped out of it a year ago and found what it was like not to be so connected with immediate communication capacities, yet at the same time what communication then exists? Or do we see how we don’t communicate, or we didn’t communicate, or we just don’t want to communicate with everyone all the time.

I see faces at different stages of my life. I see witnesses of different timelines

And yet.

No one knows the whole story. No one can weave the threads together but ourselves. What is each of our stories? At life midpoint or thereabouts one can look back and see as much as what lies ahead. Yet now we have some experience. We have our experiences. We have our story. And when we have some lucid moments we compare our story, our interpretation of our life’s experiences, with how reality is portrayed to us by the dominant language paradigm of the context we find ourselves in.

And most people live others peoples stories that are birthed in this dominant language paradigm. They come from the same cognitive space. And it’s meant to devour your inner story. It’s very deadly and almost never discussed or witnessed.

People end up not carving out their own stories and that is a sad acknowledgement. Instead, we have movies, and books and other peoples stories continually inputing their path and the ACCOMPANYING DATA into your mind.

If you have no story you don’t have a chance. The stories out there will fill you up and you won’t be able to tell the difference between any of them because you have no internal reference point to check it out against your direct experience.

I find I need to tell my story. I need to tie the pieces together and see how the story could expand….because once you know the story and how you fit into it….then you can make your own interpretation of the information presented. Because right now significance can change.

People who thought they were something, become something else.

When is your chance to do something incredible? When is your chance to make your mark? How does destiny pull at your roots and send you on tangents you would never have imagined possible?

That’s when it is a good idea to have a good story so you can keep track of things. So you can out things in context.

As I look back at the story I have been in, it centers around different people, all masters in some way. We would spend some time together and then we would part ways. Some more time, some less time. But one thing I knew was that there was a much different connection with you than with everyone else.

Everyone distinguishes this in their relationships. Some people are far closer than others. Some people you let in deep and some not at all. The depth of connection determines the kind of relationship it will be.

So with each of you there was a depth of connection. There was a sharing of each others being. A sharing of each others knowledge. We constantly learn form one another. Deep down that may be our most favourable characteristic. We can learn. We can learn to change. We can learn to fashion our own story so we know exactly what we stand for and how we conduct ourselves on this planet in this lifetime at this time. Now.

So each of you has an interpretation of me and for some of you…an interpretation of me and my work and that is what I want to explain to you. I have never explained fully the whole idea to anyone. I haven’t really attempted to write about it except in bits & pieces. But what I found out it is that the story that is the most interesting part.

You may not want to learn about the design of a multi-dimensional values based communication system and all its intricacies. But you probably might want to know about the story behind it and how you fit into it.

For each of you hold keys to the unfolding of the puzzle. Each of you holds a genius that is necessary to see something that no one else does.

Or so I hope. Or I have sensed. Or I am totally out to lunch on.

We shall see. For only those that really can follow a story will really benefit from this. For it is in our sharing of stories that we then can share meaning and significance together. And if we don’t do that then are we truly in relationship?

I am looking to see who I am really connected with. I want to end the illusions of presumption and see who is there. At least to hear the story. Because it’s a good one. It’s a funny one. And a very strange one. And it will stretch your beliefs outside of its confinements if you let it.

2 comments:

  1. It's true, I'm here for a reason, even though that reason is to get low down and dirty!
    just joking! I'm here because I want to be surrounded by conscious individuals who won't misguide me. I'm here to put forth my best effort in imagining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you connected with? Am I in the loop?

    ReplyDelete